St. Andrew's – Old Course

Though the championship credentials of the Old Course hardly require justification, the venue has played host to numerous Open Championships and other major competitions over the years. Measuring almost 7,000 yards from the championship tees, the visitor will rarely play from here and will likely take on the 6,566-yard challenge. Golf was originally played here in a clockwise direction but over time, the anti-clockwise format was deemed to superior. Since 1870 only one championship has been held over the original layout and that was due to an oversight by the greens keeping staff.